Nicola Simpson Corporate In-House Resident Executive Coach Service
I also offer an in-house resident executive coach service for organisations coaching executives, at all levels, working with the organisation ensuring the outcomes and deliverables are aligned with both the individual’s and organisation’s own goals.
Organisations hire my Coaching services so their executives may benefit from the advantages of working with an external coach. For example, with many years’ business experience I am regarded as a peer, someone who not only understands the business context, but also the many challenges encountered from my own professional experience. This creates a trusted environment were the client can speak freely, explore options and make decisions, resulting in more impactful outcomes for the individual and their organisation.
Like my private practice, my work with organisations is flexible and transparent, this means I am able to quickly assist all your executive coaching needs personally and directly – delivering services when, where and how required with minimal administration. As a result, you save both time and money by working directly with me and enjoy the benefits of a long-term business relationship. What is more, my location at 60 Cannon Street, makes my services even more accessible for those working in and around the City of London.
I deliver coaching services to executives on behalf of organisations, to:
- Support new and emerging leaders as they transition into leadership and senior leadership position
- Help manage complex stakeholder relationships
- Work with individuals on key areas of challenge, such as building confidence and enhancing communication skills
- Support the on-boarding of mid/senior executives as they tackle their first 90 days
- To assist during the restructuring of teams
- Support returning to work after maternity leave
- Support an Executive moving to an overseas role
- For those exiting the organisation, I provide bespoke outplacement career and executive coaching support tailored for each individual (as opposed to a generic off the shelf solution)
Executive coaching can be based at the organisation’s own office(s) or at my office (60 Cannon Street, EC4N 6NP) or through a combination. I would be delighted to discuss your requirements and how I can help. For more information please contact me.
B2B Case Study 1 – The New Senior Executive
I received an enquiry from a London-based PLC who were seeking a coach to work with an newly appointed Senior Executive. The organisation were keen to position the coaching as their investment in, and commitment to the development of this individual. My services included a 360-review followed by a series of coaching sessions focused on the key performance areas identified. As an external coach I brought the benefit of my professional experience into the coaching relationship, making it easier for the Senior Executive to be completely open and honest about their strengths, development areas and career challenges. As a result, the overall coaching experience was more impactful for both the individual and organisation.
B2B Case Study 2 – The Senior Executive Communication Breakdown
An organisation enquired about my executive coaching services and whether I could help a senior executive who was struggling with confidence and communication skills. I subsequently ran a couple of sessions with this individual who made rapid progress. The coaching enabled us to understand and work on the key issues in a neutral and non-judgemental environment. As a result the client was able to take the practical steps necessary to help improve his overall performance.
Outplacement / Redundancy Coaching
I am really sorry this has happened you, however, you need to know that You Can Do Great Things! Many companies are prepared to pay for outplacement coaching and it is critical you take advantage of it so that you can recover from this trauma as quickly as possible, move on and get back to work. That said, companies typically have contracts with large outplacement firms that will treat you like a number and put you on a conveyor belt process so everyone can tick the box. These outplacement firms work for the company and not for you. It is important that you insist on your own outplacement coaching service. I have seen people who have had 10 hours+ outplacement coaching already provided by their company and yet when I see them there is still so much to do. That is just wrong.
Networking is Notworking
Larger outplacement firms will tell you they have networks you can join as a reason to sign up with them for outplacement services. In fact I remain sceptical about the value of this as part of a coaching offering, as the power of any network is dependent upon the quality and relevance of the connections within it. It is my experience that such networks often contain more people looking for jobs than hiring, of course, if there is data to show otherwise (i.e. a positive correlation) then I am happy to stand corrected(!) I advocate clients build their network organically – focusing on building quality rather than quantity of connections. You will need to decide whether hanging out with other people also looking for a job is more important to you than going with the best executive career coach.
You still need structure, but, don’t forget to enjoy life!
Career coaching adds structure and stability after a traumatic experience. By having coaching sessions you can relax in between knowing you are doing the right thing. Now you are redundant it is important to maintain a structure, but, also to ensure you have some quality me time while you recover. Go to the gym or take up that hobby you always wanted to knowing that you have the job thing covered with regular career coaching sessions. We will absolutely get you back to work. There is no point beating yourself up daily until then especially as potential recruiters will pick up on that negativity.
As your executive career coach, I am here to help you to navigate the challenges of redundancy and to recognise that the short-term disruption to your life is just that… short term.
My £500 fixed price package includes 1 x 90 and 2 x 60 minute face to face coaching sessions at my 60 Cannon Street office and include a full CV review / LinkedIn Optimisation.
- Session 1: What next? Determining your career goals, future aspirations and options
- Session 2: How will you get there? Job research, working with recruiters, using social media
- Session 3: How to succeed at interview – Interview skills and techniques, rehearsal and polish
A £1,500 premium package delivered over an extended period with greater emphasis on getting you back to work quicker with Interview Coaching 101 and targeted Masterclass sessions. Highly recommended for executive level individuals.
- CV Review & LinkedIn Optimisation (1 x 60 minute session + email feedback)
- Professional Profile (1 x 60 minute session + email feedback)
- Career planning and job search (1 x 90 minute + 2 x 60 minute coaching sessions)
- Interview Coaching 101 (1 x 60 minute coaching session)
- Interview Coaching Mastering Sessions (3 x 90 minute pre-interview coaching sessions)
- Unlimited email/telephone coaching support
A £2,999 ultimate package includes the Platinum service and is also completely customised for the client. The Diamond service is typically paid for by the company and delivered over an extended period. The package will incorporate many aspects of Career Coaching, Interview Coaching and Executive Coaching. This is your chance to get some professional development as part of your redundancy agreement to make you even more marketable to the next company you work for. Highly recommended for executive level individuals.
Brand / B2B and Direct Marketing Consultant
I also act in the capacity of a marketing consultant. You can also take advantage of my significant marketing skills and experience.
- Entrepreneurs Marketing: I run marketing clinics for entrepreneurs. I love working with entrepreneurs. Their enthusiasm is infectious, the positive attitude brilliant and their ideas great. However, marketing always seems to be the skill they are lacking the most and yet it is the most important. That is if you want to generate maximum revenues.
- Marketing Consultant: If you need something done fast you can parachute me in and I will execute the task with maximum efficiency.
- Marketing Trouble Shooter: That said, trouble shooting is really my speciality… this is where I get to develop and apply strategy (something I also love doing). I have come across so many marketing departments that just refuse to change and evolve and continue to do the same thing as “that’s the way it has always been done“. Consequently, there is typically either no staff turnover (bad) or 100% turnover (also bad) and young marketeers leaving the industry dejected, the latter, which really annoys me as someone who teaches marketing to undergraduates at Birkbeck, University of London. That just throttles the business, impacts revenues, stifles innovation and just gets the rest of the stakeholders’ backs up.
However, I can only help companies who want to help themselves and if you are prepared to do that then hire me. If not, please don’t. I have had my fill of companies who say they want to change, I land and I discover that change is the LAST thing they want to do. So, if you have got this far and have a particular marketing challenge or requirement then give me a call and we can have a chat.
Customised Learning Solutions
Transparent, flexible and impactful learning solutions may be designed in collaboration with corporate partners. We begin by diagnosing the knowledge or skills gap and then work together to develop learning objectives. Learning solutions are designed and delivered to meet your objectives, fully customised to your organisational culture and practice.
The benefits of customised learning solutions include:
• Enhanced individual & team performance
• Acquisition and application of new knowledge & skills to drive innovation
• Improved efficiency and effectiveness across organisation
My Approach…. Experience, Reflection, and Action!
Embedded into the design and delivery of customised learning solutions is a distinctive and practical approach, centred on the learner. At the heart of this approach are three main elements Experience, Reflection, and Action! A pre-learning focus on Context and post-learning emphasis on Evaluation completes the five-step method* used, as outlined below:
Context – pre-programme, learning is designed to take into consideration the needs of the individual, their environment, background and organisational context.
Experience – during the programme, learners are encouraged to actively engage by bringing their prior knowledge, skills and experience into the teaching and learning process.
Reflection – key to this approach, learners are encouraged to become more reflective, so they more deeply understand what they have learned and the implications of this knowledge for their organisation and individual professional practice.
Action – during the programme, learners are moved beyond knowledge to action, their commitment to deciding their next steps and moving forward is a key part of the learning process.
Evaluation – post-programme, outcomes are evaluated at key intervals to gain a deeper understanding of the impact of the learning upon the individual, their organisation and others.
Drawing upon my extensive experience in higher and executive education, I design and deliver innovative, inspiring and impactful learning solutions. For more information enquire today at email@example.com
*Based on the Ignatian Pedagogic Paradigm (IPP)