Nicola Simpson Executive Coach and Career Coach
I have 25 years’ professional experience, gained in Marketing, Higher Education and Executive Coaching.
After many years working in Marketing roles, predominantly in the Media and Publishing sector (BBC, Financial Times, IPC Media), I transitioned into Higher Education to teach Marketing and to design and deliver executive education and degree programmes. Notably, I wrote and launched a Masters in Marketing Degree for BBP University, London. As a Programme Director at London Business School, I led the delivery of 28 short executive education programmes across key subject areas including, Strategy, Marketing, Corporate Finance, Leadership and Human Resource Management. As Director of the LBS Executive MBA, I was responsible for the learning journey of 500+ students (mid/senior executives) in London and Dubai. My experience at the London Business School ignited my interest in executive coaching, as a process to enable executives to transform their performance and realise their leadership potential.
I trained as an Executive Coach at Henley Business School* and run a successful private practice, based in the City of London. My current clients include executives from a wide range of organisations. I have an international footprint and regularly work with executives in the Middle East, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, and China. In addition to my private work, I work as a Career Coach for Warwick Business School and as an Associate Lecturer at Birkbeck (University of London). I have three degrees, BA (Hons) Business Studies, MA Marketing, MSc Management and Business Studies Research, and I am currently studying Neuroscience and Psychology at Henley Business School.
*The Henley Professional Certificate in Coaching is accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF), Association for Coaching (AC) and the European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC)).
Why work with me?
Because my approach is grounded in business and management and honed through many years of working with executives of all levels and Board Directors. I have not come to work as an executive coach through a background in HR or Psychotherapy, I have extensive professional experience and continue to work in business consultancy alongside coaching, this means I understand your professional context, your challenges. I run a successful coaching practice and I am a resident coach for Warwick Business School Executive MBA (EMBA) students. I also consult for the Institute of Directors, where I am driving innovation and c-suite product development as well as a part time associate lecturer at Birkbeck, University of London (a Russell Group university) where I teach marketing to undergraduates.
My experience of working with literally thousands of executives over the years in business schools and as an executive coach has set me on a mission to transform leadership – one leader at a time. I believe the world needs more great leaders, individuals who not only have competence in business and management, but also conscience and compassion for others, coupled with a desire to maximise their career potential and organisational performance.
Work with me and you will benefit from…
- 25 years+ professional experience in a variety of organisational contexts
- Qualified coach (Henley Business School Professional Certificate)
- Three degree’s including: BA (Hons), MA & MSc
- Thought-leadership in leadership & organisational behaviour
- Marketing & product consultancy
- Cutting-edge learning design and innovative delivery
- A natural confidant
On a personal note, here are five unusual things to know about me:
- Giving back to society is incredibly important to me and I am a governor for a 6th form academy that helps young people in South London. Everyone should have a chance to make a great career for themselves. Every single one.
- My great great uncle survived the Titanic – problem-solving is in my DNA
- I did an internship with the Birmingham Royal Ballet where I first witnessed the delivery of exceptional performance
- When I was younger my Dad once said to me “Find a job you love and you will never work again“. He was right.
- I have three children who challenge me in everyway, every day!
So remember behind every great leader is a great coach! It is my privilege to accompany you on your coaching journey. Enquire today!
The logo’s below highlight some of the organisations I have worked for over the years. For more information about my professional profile please see www.linkedin.com/in/nicola-simpson-coach.